From April 2015, Pre-Schools, Nurseries, Schools and Childminders are able to claim extra funding through the Early Years Pupil Premium, EYPP, to support children’s development and learning.
The Early Years Pupil Premium can provide an extra £302 a year for 3 and 4 year old children, who have been in care or adopted from care or whose parents are in receipt of certain benefits.
Children will attract the EYPP, if their families are in receipt of one of the following benefit:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers’ Allowance, Income-based
- Employment & Support Allowance, Income-related
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit based on an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
The following children are automatically eligible:
- Children who are looked after by the local authority
- Children who have left care through a special guardianship, adoption or residence order
Your child’s Key Person will work in partnership with you to carefully consider the learning and development needs of your child and use the additional funding to support them with the following areas:
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development
- Communication & Language
- Physical Development
When Ofsted inspect Creswick Pre-School they will check to see that this additional funding is helping your child to learn and develop.
Please speak to Nikki Neighbour or Kelly Lachinni, who will be happy to talk you through the process to claim this additional funding.